BLOOMSBURG UNIVERSITY STRING PEDAGOGY AND CONDUCTOR'S WORKSHOP
Greg Woodbridge | David Tedford | with guest string pedagogy speakers
June 17-19, 2021
Introducing the first String Pedagogy and Conducting Workshop! The Workshop is offered over a 3-day period. Individuals desiring to attend have several flexible live in-person OR virtual options to choose from in advancing their growth. Attendees may select from the following paths. A summary follows, and more details can be found below.
Non-Conducting virtual module
LIVE CONDUCTING/PERFORMANCE MODULES:
Conducting Coachings and discussions and presentations on string pedagogy and score study and String Orchestra Performance on Saturday night: $400
Conducting Participants will participate in a 3-day, in-person conducting workshop culminating in a live performance on Saturday evening. Please see details below.
NON-CONDUCTING PARTICIPANT OPTIONS:
Non-Conducting Participants may observe conducting rounds live, in-person for the duration of the workshop: $150
Non-Conducting Participants may attend virtual sessions to observe conducting rounds: $150
Lecture and Discussion Module Offerings
- Lecture and Discussions will include topics such as masterworks overview, score study, repertoire and programming, rehearsal techniques, conducting fundamentals, educational philosophy, and will include live discussions with world-renowned guest conductors and educators. This series is available for a single price for all access to the entire series. The lectures and discussion will occur live and virtually simultaneously. Attendees may participate in this in-person, if on campus, or via Zoom access from the comfort of your home.
- Conducting Sessions will consist of live, in-person individual sessions and group coachings on select masterworks with the Collegium Faculty with the North Texas Wind Symphony.
- The conducting rounds are structured as four sets of three days. Each conductor will have the opportunity to receive coaching for three sessions (one round) and perform in concert with the North Texas Wind Symphony. The performance will be recorded via our sophisticated multi-camera and high-definition audio capabilities.
- While the fee allows all-access to all 12 days of coachings, participants may select to attend only 6 or 9 days rather than all 12 if desired, to maximize flexibility as per your schedule needs. Our stipulation is that those who conduct one round must observe one other, hence attendance at only 3 days (one round) is not permissible.
- We are only able to accept up to 32 individuals to participate, so please register soon for this if you desire it!
- The fee for the morning and afternoon sessions are separate; it is an a la carte menu of modules. Attendees who wish to conduct and participate in the morning discussions would have a total fee of $750.
- For those unable to visit campus this summer or those wishing to observe but not conduct on the afternoon sessions, two options are possible.
- 1) Individual may register for the live non-conducting participant option, which allows attendees to visit and learn in the group coaching format that occur in the afternoon sessions.
- 2) Individuals unable to come to campus may register for the virtual non-conducting participant option. Attendees for this track will be able to view the afternoon coaching sessions via a Zoom stream. These individuals may also have the opportunity to receive individual Zoom coachings with faculty. This facet will be clarified pending the number of registrants to this track.
Public school educators are especially encouraged to attend the Conductors Workshop.
In conjunction with the UNT Professional Development Institute, our faculty are equipped to approve continuing education credit for each hour of participation. Individuals attending select rounds of the Workshop may receive a prorated allotment based on instructional hours completed. Our workshop conforms to the SBEC standard for continuing education credits toward re-certification and we offer this service at no additional fee to participants.
Registration and payment for the String Pedagogy & Conductors Workshop is available through Acceptd. Visit https://getacceptd.com/untmusicworkshops and select Conducting as the area and String Pedagogy & Conductors Workshop as the program.